Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pancake Makin'

Sometimes, a girl's just gotta have some pancakes.  And what better way to enjoy those pancakes than with giving Little A the opportunity to learn how to make 'em too!  I love the opportunity to bond with her when it comes to the kitchen.  She even has her own "tools"...

There are many lessons and skills one can learn when making 'cakes...

1.  Measuring - that's math, right?

2.  Stirring - builds biceps!  (Do you like my one-eyed pancake batter stirrer?)


3.  And my personal favorite...clean as you go!!  (Instill this habit EARLY!  Now if we could just work on her bedroom!)


4.  Last but not least, pouring.  Does this help with hand-eye coordinatation?  I think so!  This was as far as Little A was allowed to go in the process, much to her chagrin.  Armed with my bright orange Rachel Ray spatula, she assumed she was going to be allowed to flip those babies, but I had news for her.  Her feelings toward me by not letting her flip put a smidge of a damper on the bonding experience, but we prevailed.  So much so that we shared a plate of delicious Oatmeal Pancakes - and I was so immersed in their deliciousness that I forgot to take a picture.  Oh well, you'll just have to trust me...they were awesome.

Because we HAVE to eat, spending time together in the kitchen is one of the ways I like to spend quality time with Little A.  Now mind you, there are times when I am so tired when we get home at night that I have absolutely no desire, energy, strength, or patience to make it a bonding experience.  But the weekends, those are the best!  I'd love to hear from you about ways you incorporate bonding and learning experiences together with your little ones...(or your big ones for that matter!) 

Cheers!
Dee

1 comment:

  1. A looks like a little professional especially since she has the right tools to do the job. Next time I come for a visit I want to try those pancakes. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.