Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan (January 18)

We did a great job of following the plan last week, it's getting easier and easier.  Although, I must admit I've gone over my $75 budget.  I didn't plan ahead for subsequent trips for milk, bread, and cheese.  But now that I know, next month should be a little easier.

Here's the menu plan for this week...

Monday - Hungarian Goulash over noodles, broccoli
(I made the recipe listed almost exactly as written - except that I had some sirloin steaks that needed to be dealt with...so I substituted there.  I also cooked mine in a pressure cooker, so it was cooked in 20 minutes, NOT 9 to 10 hours!!!)  It was awesome and so tender...


Tuesday - Italian Sausages (turkey) with peppers and onions, roasted potatoes

Wednesday - leftovers (Big B's night out)

Thursday - Homemade Cheeseburger Pizza

Friday - Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, ham & cheese omelets, potatoes) - honestly this one will be whichever I feel like making!

Looking at this on paper, it might not be the healthiest of weeks, but we'll add greens and veggies or fruit to each meal to round it out.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.