Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan (January 4)

I never in a million years thought that planning a week of meals from my own pantry (and fridge and freezer) would be this difficult.  I mean, for those of you who know me, I LOVE to cook.  Never mind the fact that my job revolves around an industrial kitchen for crying out loud.  So, WHY, I ask you, is this so darn difficult?

It's because I am forcing myself to take the time and actually plan what we will do. I know that in the long run this is going to make things so much easier - especially considering that one hour commute I have to take each evening. 

I am only posting dinners for now.  With that commute, breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal right before leaving or a grilled cheese sandwich in the car.  Lunches for Big B are usually leftovers or a sandwich.  I usually am able to grab a bite at work (perk of the job).

So, deep breath in...here goes!
Sunday - Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, Green Beans
Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs
Tuesday - Crockpot Chili
Wednesday - Voila Package (Big B will be playing drums, so no need to really cook!)
Thursday - Navy Beans and Corn Bread
Friday - Tex Mex Rice and Beans

Whew - done.  I can't believe looking back at this list that it took me so long to come up with it - how silly is that?  But it's great to know that I can rest easy this week when I get home each night.  I might even make a few of these dishes a little early and not have to worry about it at all!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!   Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi DeeDee, come on back over and see little Ms. Ava Lynn. Groceries for 75.00 a month...are you kidding me? I spent $185.00 on just Bobby G. and me yesterday for two weeks. Of course I bought things like a fresh pineapple (4.00) and bagged greens at $4.00. So with just two things I was already at almost $10.00. Geez....I will play close attention to your blog so I can aspire to be more like you. I'll be over for the navy beans and cornbread....yummo. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.

There was an error in this gadget