Sunday, June 20, 2010

Multi-Tasking Muffins

I just made a batch of Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins that will serve as breakfasts this week.  These muffins will serve many purposes for me this week:
  1. Save money - I had the ingredients on hand already (only one substitution), plus, we won't need to spend any additional money for breakfasts this week.
  2. Reduce waste - I had a ripe banana that needed to be used up. 
  3. Save TIME - a very valuable morning commodity in my commuting household.
The combination of peanut butter and banana is one of my absolute favorites.  The only substitution I made was for the buttermilk.  I didn't have any, nor did I have any white vinegar on hand to put in the milk to make an alternative.  So I took my chances and just used plain ol' milk.  Yep, I sampled one and I must say, my risk paid off - DELISH!  I urge you to give these a try. If you are a fan of peanut butter, bananas, or the fantastic combination they provide, you WON'T be disappointed.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds delicious!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound delicious, Dee! I LOVE peanut butter and bananas together. I have to admit I have even made a big fat peanut butter sandwich and sliced a banana over it before I slapped on the top slice of bread ... ummm, heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Dee Dee, So happy you visited the blog! Hope you read this 'cause it doesn't look like you are posting much. It's a shame because you always wrote great posts! Hope everyone is well and happy. Thanksgiving is out here at the Farmette this year if you guys can make it. What fun it would be! xoxo A. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dee Dee, Hope you see this. I am always thrilled when you drop by for a visit. Is John still going to try and get to TN. for Christmas? This year is the first time ever that all of us are traveling for the holiday....unheard of. Things are changing with our children all grown up and scattered here and yonder. We will try and get together New Year's instead this year. I wish for you the merriest Christmas ever and a very Happy New Year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.