Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lightnin' Bug or Firefly?

One of my favorite things about this time of year are those little glowing critters.  In preparing for the week ahead, Little A and I went to fill the car up with gas.  On the way home, I swear it looked like Tinker Bell and every single one of her friends were hanging out in our neck of the woods.  It was beautiful.  I slowed down to a crawl, just transfixed on the blinkety blinks.  So much so that I got a little honk of the horn behind me.  Guess they didn't understand I was making a memory with my girl...oops! As soon as we got home, I knew I had a job to do.  A few weeks ago I had set aside an empty salsa jar so I could use it to make vinaigrette.  Well, let's just say I won't be making any for a while.  For the first time, Little A got a jar of lightnin' bugs.  At least that's what I call 'em.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.