Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meal Plan - Week of 1/24

Here we go again.  I have spent so much of my weekend "worrying" about this meal plan.  You see, I am in SERIOUS save money mode.  So I have challenged myself this week to eat only what we have on hand in the freezer and pantry.  The only things I am going to buy at the grocery this week are orange juice and eggs.  That's it.  I cleaned out my pantry and fridge yesterday and realized that I have enough food to make a week's worth of meals and then some, and that includes sweet treats.  My only worry is that I really don't have a lot of fruits and vegetables, but I think I have enough to manage.  We shall see!

It is not lost on me that dried beans are not only healthy, but very budget friendly.  After the dust settled, I realized I have pintos, black beans, great northerns, lentils, AND split peas.  I think we have enough beans to conduct our own symphony ;)  That being said, I soaked the pintos last night, cooked them this morning, portioned and vacuum-sealed them, and put them in the freezer.  I see a lot of soup in our future.  Good thing, because this winter has really gotten the best of me.  Come on spring!

Monday - Pulled Turkey BBQ Sandwiches with homemade BBQ Sauce and Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
*I use this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast recipe utilizing whatever seasonings I have on hand!  I pull it myself and make the sauce too (I always make that one up as I go and it's always good!)
Tuesday - Turkey Fettuccine Alfredo with Sauteed Green Beans
*I will use leftover turkey and repeat this meal from last week (minus the broccoli)
Wednesday - Pasta e Fagioli
*I will adjust this recipe slightly by using the pinto beans I cooked and I will use the mini corkscrew pasta I have on hand.
Thursday - Homemade Chicken and Dumplings and Green Beans                                                    *Mmmm....I can't wait for this one! 
Friday - My first official Girls Night Out of the year!!  Since it is payday and the start of a new allocated spending period, I am pretty sure Big B and Little A will enjoy a little father / daughter dinner out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week - cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.