Saturday, March 5, 2011

February Recap

They say time flies when you're having fun.  If that is true, then I must be having a BLAST!  And yes, I can honestly say that the conscious decision I made to have more fun this year is really paying off.  Since I was so busy having a good time in February and didn't write about any of it, here is a quick rundown of all the fun I was having:

Girls night out with friends from my old job - it was so great to see everyone and catch up on what new things life is bringing their way.  Went to a great place called Taco Mamacita.  Good friends, good food, good margaritas...OLE!

My first official Meet Up - I started a Meet Up group for working moms in my area.  We went to a Mexican restaurant (do you see a pattern here?) and had lunch and chatted.  It was really neat to meet new and wonderful ladies and chat the day away.  We have another Meet Up scheduled for March (this one will be over coffee...chips on the lips goes straight to the hips!)

Family Bowling Night - I can't begin to tell you how much fun this was.  Big B and I helped Little A bowl granny style.  Her score was better than mine for a good part of the game, but I pulled through in the end and won.  Two strikes and a spare in the last three frames took me over the top.  We had so much fun that we have decided to make this a once a month event!

My 40th Birthday! - Big B went over and above planning a wonderful birthday weekend for me.  He took me to Tunica and surprised me by having my best friend and her husband come up from Atlanta!  I was so excited...and he took me to my favorite restaurant for dinner (follow the link for a virtual tour).  My in-laws came to stay with Little A while we were gone, which was also a wonderful gift.

So I can honestly say that despite the rough weather we had in February, I really did have a lot of fun.  Lot's more fun to be had in March.  But on the flip side of all that fun, we (I) have decided that we will do our deep spring cleaning this month.  That means not only will we clean, but we will de-clutter and organize.  We have 5 main rooms, and each weekend will be dedicated to one room.  This weekend, since the weather is rainy and doing stuff outside is really not an option, we are going big with the master bedroom.  This ought to be interesting....

Until next time, CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. hey DeeDee....thrilled you had a fun month and a very Happy Birthday again. I don't have a shop just a booth in a shop. I decided I better start small and work my way up. That plus the website and always on the go looking for more inventory keeps me very very busy. So glad you are keeping up a blog. I love to read it and see what's happening in your life. Like you, we are spending the weekend decluttering and winter/spring cleaning. Started with Gar's closet today! I painted and he decluttered. Job just got finished. Sure feels good! Good luck with yours. It's raining cats and dogs here too so it was a good day to work inside. Be good....(but not too good) you hear? xoxo Aunt L

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.