Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Thrifty Thanksgiving!

Well, it's official.  I am hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year.  Big B's family (my mother, father, and one sister in-law) will be joining us for what will hopefully be a wonderful, yet inexpensive feast.  I've decided that I am going to set a goal of $30 for the entire dinner...and I mean the ENTIRE dinner (including festive decorations).  Think I can do it?  I KNOW I can.

How does one prepare for such?  I've already started scanning magazines, cookbooks, grocery ads, coupon sites, etc.  This weekend I will prepare an excel spreadsheet with what I'm going to buy, how much it costs, and what coupons I have for those items. Ok, well maybe not a real excel spreadsheet since my printer is out of ink and it would cost me $30 just to replace the ink ;-)  But I digress...

As you know, I've already purchased my turkey, which was only $5.  I think with that great start, I am well on my way to accomplishing this goal.  I will update you on what happens.

Wish me luck, and if you have any great cost effective dishes that you would love to share, send them on. 

Cheers and Blessings,
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Hi DeeDee, I just know the dinner was wonderful! You are very ambitious to do it all for $30.00. I am going to do the same thing for Christmas dinner but I know mine won't be as inexpensive but so far, what I have bought has been a huge savings. I will post about it eventually. Wish you could have come to the cookie party. It was so much fun. If you have time maybe you can come back for a visit. I am having a little Christmas tour. xo A. Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.