Friday, October 30, 2009

What Balance?

As you can see, I haven't posted in exactly 54 days.  I don't even know where to begin, I just know that I need to feel back on track. 

Let's see, what has happened in the last 54 days? 

1 - Big B had a new engine put in his car.  Now, keep in mind that my commute is 100 miles round trip each day.  Since Big B's car was in the shop, I had to take him to work and pick him up too.  That was an extra 30 miles added onto the trip, plus about another 45 minutes of time.

2 - HUGE project at work.  Enough said.

3 - I've been sick TWICE.  Bronchitis the first time, and you guessed it, "THE" flu, yep, that one, this past go round.  I don't think my body ever truly recovered from the bronchitis before I was stricken with the flu.  It was approximately three and a half weeks in between bouts.  And I never once took a true sick day.  I worked from home...not once did I stay in bed the whole day and just rest.  Big B was very helpful with Little A through all of that thank God. 

4 - Little A turned 4!!  I was very sick with the bronchitis on her birthday, so we ended up having to postpone her birthday party.  Talk about GUILT!  I think I felt worse about the postponement than I did about being sick. But she was great.  Never really said anything about it.

5 - Started a "Biggest Loser" contest with Big B.  Well, actually, he joined a contest with the ladies at his work, which totally cracks me up.  So I figured I better join in.  See, my job actually REQUIRES me to eat.  Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.  That being said, I've gained a TON and am ready to bid it adieu.
So he and I have a side bet going at the house.  I got a jump start when I was sick this last time and actually lost 5 pounds.  But he walks all day for his job, so he'll probably win.  But that's ok - I still need to work on myself.

For a while there, our house was clean all the time.  Then, when I got sick, it went to shambles.  I just didnt' feel like it, and it has pretty much stayed that way for a month.  This weekend is the weekend to get it fixed.  I can't stand that feeling of chaos.  I'm still trying to recover from the flu, but it has to happen. I actually think it will make me feel better.

So there you have it.  You are pretty much caught up on things.  I will do better at posting. I will make time for myself, and for you. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see you're back and the creative juices are flowing. I wish I was there to take care of A, B, and D!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.